|Paragon Management | Transitional Housing | Emergency Housing | Landlord List | Other Subsidy Programs | Units Available|
Property Owned by the Agency
The Fort Dodge Housing Agency owns single-family dwellings, four-plex, and two apartment complexes in the City of Fort Dodge. Rental assistance for these units is available through the Section 8 program. All units are available to rent on the open market.
Units Under Management
The Agency owns and manages two Low Income Housing Tax Credit properties in the City of Fort Dodge: Northridge Apartments and Evergreen Estates. Income limits are calculated at 60% of AMI (area median income):
- 1 person $29,160
- 2 people $33,360
- 3 people $37,500
- 4 people $41,640
- 5 people $45,000
- 6 people $48,360
The Low Income Housing Tax Credit program is governed under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code.
Quality apartment living for those persons age 55 and older who meet income guidelines. These beautiful 1 & 2 bedroom units offer a choice of several different floor plans.
Amenities include: stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, garbage disposal, emergency pull cords, laundry rooms on each floor, and phone entry system. One building is smoke free. They are located at 2805 6th Ave N and 525 N 28th St in Fort Dodge. To inquire, call (515) 573-5554.
Located in a quiet and scenic environment, this individual/family complex of 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartments offers secure buildings, playground equipment, on-site manager, and maintenance. Heat, water and garbage are included in rent. Amenities include private patios or balconies. This apartment complex is located at 1543 27th Ave N in Fort Dodge. All applicants must meet income guidelines. Rental assistance is accepted. Call (515) 576-1150 for more information.
The Agency provides tax credit compliance monitoring and management for the Town Square Apartments, 24-unit complex owned by Northwoods Living in Fort Dodge, Iowa.
Located in Manson Iowa, Golden Meadows is an apartment complex for elderly and disabled persons. All 50 aprtments in Golden Meadows are 1 bedroom units. Golden Meadows is a secure building and the utilities are included in the rent. All applicants must meet income guidelines and rent is based on household income. Call 712-469-2119 for more information.
The Fort Dodge Housing Agency does not provide immediate emergency housing. The following agencies may be able to assist you in locating emergency housing.
- Upper Des Moines Opportunity, Inc - 113 S 10th St, Fort Dodge, IA 50501 (515)955-1386
- Department of Human Services - 330 1st Avenue North, Fort Dodge, IA 50501 (515)955-6353
- Domestic/Sexual Assault Outreach - (515)955-2273 Crisis: (515)573-8000 Toll-Free Crisis Line 1-888-356-2006
- Salvation Army - 126 North 7th Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501 (515)576-1281
- Veterans Affairs - (Wartime Vets) - 330 1st Avenue North, Fort Dodge, IA 50501 (515)576-1561
- Webster County Welfare Assoc. - (Eviction Only) - 330 1st Avenue North, Fort Dodge IA 50501 (515)955-6353
- YWCA - (Women Only) - 826 1st Avenue North, Fort Dodge, IA 50501 (515)573-2911
- Lotus Community Project (Women Only)-515-571-8802-www.lotuscommunityproject.org
For a list of area landlords, visit the Fort Dodge Area Landlords Association at www.fdala.com.
The following programs provide subsidized rent to qualified applicants but are not managed by the Fort Dodge Housing Agency
- FHMA - 725 13th Street North, Humboldt, IA 50548
- Garden Village Apartments - (Elderly/Disabled Only) - 2736 2nd Avenue North, Fort Dodge, IA 50501 (515)576-5892
- Wahkonsa Manor - (Elderly/Disabled Only) - 927 Central Avenue, Fort Dodge, IA 50501 (515)576-6755
- Westridge Townhomes - 258 1/2 Avenue M West, Fort Dodge, IA 50501 (515)227-5005